Allegany County Administrative Assistant
Do you enjoy a variety of tasks? Do you have great attention to detail? Would you like to be part of an established nonprofit organization that provides much needed services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families?
If you’ve answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading!
The Arc of Frederick County is seeking to hire a part-time Administrative Assistant for our Allegany County office. Expected hours are Mondays 9:00-3:00pm, Tuesday-Friday 9:00-1:30pm.
Typical expected tasks will be making phone calls, filing documents, assisting human resources, making copies, troubleshooting technical equipment (printers, iPads, etc.), data entry, and facilitating communication among teams.
If you can see yourself in this job, we want to hear from you! But first, do you meet these qualifications?
- One or more years of experience providing administrative assistance and/or office management; experience in the non-profit sector is desirable.
- Intermediate to expert level skills in a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); skilled in use of internet for research and dissemination of information. Ability to learn new applications quickly including organization-wide information systems.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive communications.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like computers/laptops, printers, projectors, and iPads, and ability to troubleshoot problems with these items.
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree is a plus.
- Position involves much computer work; some physical demands include moving heavy office supplies like cases of copy paper.
- A good driving record, a reliable vehicle, and clear background check is required
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses must include a cover letter.