Are you creative, energetic, and dependable?
Would you like to provide support for adults and children with disabilities to participate in community activities?
The Arc of Frederick County is seeking people who are interested in part-time job opportunities as support staff: job coaches, residential coaches, skills educators, and respite providers. Great pay, flexible hours, Frederick County locations. Requirements for each position include a valid driver's license with good driving record, clear background checks, and participation in required trainings.
Current openings include:
- Looking for an overnight respite care provider for an active adult female in the Frederick/Union Bridge area. Also, assistance with life skills and morning routine. Experience in Positive Behavior Supports preferred.
- Gentleman in Thurmont needs someone to assist him with morning routine. The days/times are Monday-Thursday 8am-11am.
- A Frederick man who is blind is looking for a creative person who can help him with some activities to improve the quality of his life. Tuesdays from 2PM to 3PM weekly. He truly looks forward to this time as the highlight of his week. More details available if interested.
- Young man who lives in Frederick is looking for a skills educator to help him learn social skills, independent living skills, and access community events. Afternoon and evening meeting times. He has a flexible schedule.
- Woman who lives in Middletown is looking for someone to serve as a residential coach to work a total of 12 hours per week. She is also looking for a Respite Care provider to work a total of 45 days a year.
- Young man in Frederick is looking for a Job Coach at work in a department store. Hours are usually two to three days a week between 11am - 3pm.
- Active young man in Monrovia is looking for a person to help him evenings from about 3-8pm on weekdays and days/evenings for up to 19 hours per week. He is looking for someone to help him with transportation to community and social activities, short walks, and who doesn't mind talking about sports.
- Young man in Ijamsville is looking for someone to serve as a residential coach up to 12 hours a week.
- Young woman who lives in Frederick is looking for someone to help her for up to 19 hours per week. She is seeking assistance with grocery shopping, housekeeping, and transportation to various community activities. Hours are flexible.
- Looking for a creative and dependable person to serve as a residential coach for a young adult man with autism in Cascade, MD. Successful candidate will have the ability to assist with independent living skills as well as participating in community and social events.
Contact Valerie Todd at 301-663-0909 x44 or VTodd@arcfc.org if you are interested in applying for any of these positions. Download the Application for Employment (PDF) and mail back to The Arc or apply online!
To apply online: Two step process - both forms must be submitted before an interview will be scheduled.