Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Sign Language Interpreter -- The Working Together Advocacy Group is looking for a volunteer interpreter for their monthly meetings, which are typically held the third Wednesday of the month from 3:30-4:30 in Frederick. Contact Shauna at The Arc for details. 301--663-0909 or email@example.com.
- Front Desk Volunteers -- We are looking for additional on-call volunteers to assist us at our front desk to greet visitors and transfer incoming phone calls. Great for parents with kids in school, retirees, or college students. No experience is necessary, but the ability to maintain confidentiality is a must. Contact Shauna at 301-663-0909 x140.
- Drivers wanted! Many of the individuals we support need a ride to get to and from medical appointments, self advocacy meetings, and adult education classes. If you are able to help out with transportation, please contact Shauna Clay at 301-663-0909 ext.140 or email her at SClay@arcfc.org for a volunteer application. Good driving record required.
- Volunteers for our monthly Parents' Day Out Program -- One Saturday per month, August through June we provide 4 hours of respite time for parents and children. This is a great opportunity for teens, college students, and adults to help children with disabilities while having a lot of fun in a supervised setting. Organized group hosting activities, such as dance, theater, or music, are welcome, as well. Please contact Shauna at 301-663-0909 ext. 140 for information about volunteering at Parents' Day Out.
- Do you enjoy sharing your time and activities? You will meet someone who shares your interests and would enjoy going with you to the movies, concerts, shopping, the library or sight seeing. You may simply relax with a picnic and a visit to a local park. Friendships are welcome!
Volunteer to share your expertise. Volunteer mentors are always appreciated! Could you help someone learn about your favorite hobby or skill? Any life skill that you would like to share with another could be helpful. You do not need to be a professional in the area, just if you have a working knowledge. Some examples are:
- Cooking skills
- Computer skills
For more information and a volunteer application, contact Shauna at The Arc: 301-663-0909 ext.140, or download our application, and send it to:
The Arc of Frederick County
Attn: Shauna Clay
620A Research Court
Frederick MD 21703
Current employment opportunities – Updated October 1, 2013