The Arc of Frederick County has initiated future and estate planning services for families and individuals. Jean Doyle and Rebecca Pettit are available to visit with families interested in learning more about preparing for their child's future. We will discuss how you can get started, benefits and applications, resources and professionals in your community and other information designed to help organize your planning efforts.
Did you know....?
- A properly designed Special Needs Trust can help preserve your child's benefits, and allow your child to receive his/her inheritance
- There are many creative ways your family can develop a plan for living arrangements for your child
- A Letter of Intent can help you organize your thoughts on paper
- Medical decisions can be made without a guardianship
We can help you sort through all these questions, and help develop a personalized plan for your child's future. Please call to have a packet of Future and Estate Planning information sent to you, and to make an appointment with Jean or Rebecca at 301-663-0909.
- Fact Sheets are also available on our website (Adobe Acrobat required).
- Letter of Intent Template -- Download this Word document and customize to fit your needs. (updated June 2009)
- Attorney Resource List -- Download this PDF document for attorneys in the Maryland and Washington, DC area. (updated June 2012)
- Power Point Slide Presentation– “After You’ve Gone: Future and Estate Planning for a family with special needs.” Or, if you prefer, download the slideshow as a PDF document.
- Download a one-page brochure about Future and Estate Planning.
The Arc of Frederick County is pleased to share these materials with our website visitors. These materials are designed to provide general information only and are not designed to substitute for the assistance of a Support Coordinator. In addition, the Futures Planning Fact Sheets are not designed to provide legal advice. Families and individuals are strongly urged to consult with an attorney and other appropriate professionals regarding their individual situation before taking action.
These Fact Sheets are a proprietary property work product of The Arc of Frederick County, Inc. Individuals and families may print these for personal use only.