Share Our Success!
a member of The Arc.
- Offer guidance to those who need help and to those who want to help.
- Make the public aware of the needs, rights, and abilities of people with developmental disabilities.
- Encourage progressive legislation.
- Develop and promote effective programs and services.
- Promote and apply research to enhance independence.
- Educate the public on precautions that can be taken to prevent developmental disabilities, including fetal alcohol syndrome and other alcohol-related birth defects.
- Regularly published newsletters providing you with issues and updates in the field.
- Reduced cost at conventions, conferences, and special trainings.
- Participation in the affairs of the local, state, and national chapters of The Arc.
- Representation in local, state, and national policy forums
- Opportunities to contribute time and talent through volunteering.
- The Arc Credit Card Program - a national credit card with travel insurance and other benefits, and no yearly registration fee.
- Insurance programs designed to enhance membership in The Arc for which members or their dependents may qualify.
- The Arc Security Life Insurance Plan for persons with developmental disabilities, and The Arc’s Security Life Insurance Plan for family and friends.
- Providing our national, state, and local newspapers with up-to-date information on the organization and developmental disabilities.
The Arc of Frederick County is a 501(c)3 organization. Donations and information filed under the Maryland Charitable Organizations Solicitations Act may be obtained from the Maryland Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.